[3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 14:44:43 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    7
   80:   26
   40:   80
   20:   52
   15:  117
   10:   21
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Operating a SSB contest with basically an RX antenna and LP is not for the faint
of heart! So expectations were not high for a big score, but hoped for some new
band mode DXC fills for the new QTH.
With that mindset, I had a lot of fun in the chair. 15m was my best band. I
steered past those deep pile ups, but checked back often to see if they had been
worked through enough to give a try. Operated assisted only to keep track of
band conditions and keep an eye on where mults might be. All S&P as I
bounced back and forth between all 6 bands. I felt 15m conditions to EU were
better for me Sunday morning than Saturday morning. Signals were stronger and I
was able to make a contact in under three attempts compared to Saturday morning.
I also found those DX that did not hear me Saturday, I was able to work Sunday
morning. I was surprised to hear HZ1HZ cqing up high on 15m Sunday morning with
no takers. Laila was a S7-9 here, so I thought I would be heard. No joy, and
what a shame not to be heard with no one else calling. Several minutes later,
Laila was spotted and the pile ensued!
All in all a good weekend. Added a few more WPX as well as a few more SSB mode
DXC. Total DXC worked was 50. Broke through the 100K score threshold, and pushed
past 300 Qs. Thanks for the gentle push Jim (KE0L)!

Thanks to the many patient ops this weekend that heard my voice in the noise and
finished the Q. Made my weekend!

Thanks to the four TCG ops in my log that heard me. K4RO(1), NS4X(1), KE0L(2),
AB4GG(2)

73 Gene, N9TF
100 watts to 130' wire and 120' house gutter, 15-17' above ground...