[3830] 7QP KT7E(@K7ZS) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP KT7E(@K7ZS) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 21:40:57 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2022

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): NK7U K7RF KE7AUB K7AR AA0IZ K7ZS
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/M HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Remote Operation

  160:    14
   80:   138    25
   40:   221   232
   20:   284   432
   15:   376   172
   10:    91     6
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  1124   867      0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 331,565

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Our first attempt at M/M after adding and improving high power bandpass filters,
we were able to operate 3 stations at the same time with minimal inter-station
interference... hooray!

Nice to be able to spend time on a less productive band and taking away from the
higher rate band... 10m for example ... pretty lousy (big disappointment
actually) but still managed almost 100 Q's there. Also, getting to the next band
early to stake a claim.  We were on 40m by 3PM and actually quite productive ...

Again this was a 'hybrid' effort: 2 local stations and the remote Elecraft /
Remoterig station.  Joe NK7U from Florida and Jon K7RF in Oregon formed the
perfect tag team to keep the remote station active the entire contest. Nice work
guys.

The local ops were of course Andy KE7AUB, Jack AA0IZ and a visit by Al K7AR for
the first time in a long time, and I even operated a bit ... spartan crew so
lots of BIC time.  No expectations as to the end result, but making almost 2,000
Q's in an afternoon seems pretty productive.

We missed 8 mults, but we ran virtually 100pct of the time, so I guess they
didn't find us ...

See you all in WPX CW and hope 10m makes an appearance!

73 Kevin K7ZS

This was a shakedown contest for our M/M aspirations in WPX CW coming right up.

73 Kevin K7ZS