[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 03:09:57 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - May 20

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.34

  160:
   80:   1      1
   40:   8      7
   20:   5      4
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  14     12  Total Score = 168

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thought this would be a better night - power line arc noise quenched (for now)
by the rain, and neighbor kept their plasma TV off.  However, the self-RFI
problem here is getting worse, not better.  Good signals on 15, but on my first
call the logging computer locked up in an infinite CQ loop, and it took total
shutdown to stop it. Lost the first 10 minutes before giving up on 15 and going
to 20.  Tried lower power, but my RF was still killing the logging computer.
Same phenomenon on 80 and 160, so barely eked out a few on 20 and 40.  Going to
tear the station wiring apart and start over!

Many thanks for the Qs, and hope to be back again next week, rain or no rain,
and maybe QRPpppp.....73, MikeNH