[3830] ARRL Dig WA7BNM SO1R-8 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig WA7BNM SO1R-8 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 04:19:00 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2022

Call: WA7BNM
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM

Class: SO1R-8 LP
QTH: DM04
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  126
   15:  177
   10:    8
    6:
------------
Total:  308  Total Score = 3,161

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Used WSJT-X bare without any associated logging software. As a result didn't
know my score or whether a QSO was a dupe until after the contest was over. My
strategy was simple: CQ, except if I noticed a DX station. Luckily, I only had 3
dupes. If someone responded to my CQ, I worked them - some points better than
none.

I also paid attention to off time after understanding that the contest limited
off time periods to just two. Decided early Saturday evening (local) to take my
second break and save the additional available couple of hours of operation for
Sunday morning. In retrospect, I should have operated late Saturday evening for
better points per QSO (see K6LL's strategy), since my average points/Q Sunday
morning was significantly lower due to little DX worked.

Happy to see good participation for the first edition of this contest. Had very
little trouble with stations not being in FT8/4 contest mode, but I operated
almost exclusively in the contest subbands. 55% FT8, 45% FT4.

Rig: Icom IC-7610 100 watts
Antenna: SteppIR DB-36 at 70 ft
Antenna: Optibeam OB16-3 at 50 ft fixed SE

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)