[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 04:34:51 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Jun 29

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  136
   20:   42
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  178  Mults = 156  Total Score = 27,768

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

42 wpm  Time for me to practice my cw.  I am warmed up from Field Day.  I took
my 14 year old grandson with me for the weekend to join the K9ILS group in
Canton,IL.  They were so welcoming. I had given him instruction on CW QSOs and
provided a map of the ARRL sections so he could follow along. K9CT did a great
job of explaining what we were doing on code.  There were thunderstorms that
made us pause during setup, and stop for a while during the event.  He was
really interested in the weather and if we were safe with the antennas in the
air!  NA9RB showed him FT8 and a short while later he was making contacts. KW9A
showed him how to tune for SSB contacts and he made a few there.  He was guided
through flying a drone around to view the site.  The club provided excellent
hospitality with a nice picnic lunch at the start, lots of pizza at dinner,
McDonalds in the morning, and more picnic food at lunch. This was ideal for a
teenager.  I think we work him out because he slept all the way home in the
car!

1313Z - 40 QSOs
1319Z - 58 QSOs, but slowing because nobody was waiting for me for the next
contact.  East coast was weak.
1324Z - 73 QSOs and a good run
1345Z - 133 QSOs.