[3830] ARRL FD W4MLB 4A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk8tx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W4MLB 4A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:34:10 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2022

Call: W4MLB
Operator(s): AD4ES AI4GK K4CXX K4ILG K4JC K5LD KE3VV KD4AN KK4ZWC KO4SQF N1ZZ
NB4C W4EE W4ERZ W7TSO
Station: W4MLB

Class: 4A LP
QTH: SFL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:  106     28      0
   40:  224    160      0
   20:  316    246      0
   15:   29     29      0
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Score: 3,626
CW points: 1,350
SSB points: 463
Bonus points: 1600 (Satellite, Emergency Pwr, Media, Public Loc, Alt Pwr,
Educational Activity, Site Visit, GOTA (N5LD), Web Submit, etc.)

Comments: This Field Day, with the arrival of a new trailer for our station, it
was not ready to be operated as the normal 2F class, as we had done in the past.
Therefore, for the 1st time in many years, PCARS took to the field for a
traditional Field Day.

We operated from the field of the Melbourne Fire Training Center. We set up in
true Field day fashion, using dipoles & a tribander beam on top of a
portable crank up tower, running emergency power throughout the weekend, &
operating out of a Fire Department storage shed, filled with fire hoses,
equipment, etc.

We operated 4 transmitters from the shed, & our satellite & GOTA station
operated in a different area. Everyone that came out had a great time.

We did a simple cookout at lunch on Saturday before going on the air &
Saturday evening we had a couple of lunch pizzas along with some great ribs
cooked by KD8AN. Everyone was well fed & we enjoyed hanging out between
shifts on the air.

We were blessed with NO RAIN at the FD site, even though there were storms in
the area (it's Florida!), no mosquitoes, & everyone stayed well hydrated.

The team is looking forward to 2023, to do another Field Day "in the
field"!