[3830] IARU K0MD M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, drscott.wright@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K0MD M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 00:49:01 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: K0MD
Operator(s): K0MD K4IU
Station: K0MD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  300     0      21      25
   15:  193     0      19      25
   10:   13     0       4       3
-------------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Plan was to be a SOAB (a) HP but I invited a friend over to see my K4D in
operation and give him a chance to test drive it for an hour. Changed the entry
class to MS (HP).  The K4D is a marvelous CW rig.

Rig: Elecraft K4D
Amp: Elecraft KPA1500
Antennas: Force 12 C49XR Stacks with Triplexer HP BPF from VA6AM

I enjoyed the limited time I had to operate. I received the new KPA 1500 a
couple of weeks ago and this is its first contest! I thought band conditions
were weak on 15 this morning as I was mainly working stateside operators until I
realized I was using antenna 2 (dummy load) for 15 meters. Who would have
thought that I could do 10 or more QSO's from a dummy load?  Once the yagi stack
was switched in, the band was hopping!

The KPA1500 is an amazing amp. It is full power instantly on any band. The
built-in ATU is amazing and the interface with the Elecraft rigs is industry
leading, especially the power by band feature.

Nice to see the new solar cycle energize the ionosphere.

Scott, K0MD