[3830] IARU W5ZN AC HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5zn@w5zn.org
Subject: [3830] IARU W5ZN AC HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 12:26:04 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: W5ZN
Operator(s): W5ZN
Station: W5ZN

Class: AC HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 20:37

  160:
   80:    20            6       5
   40:   503           24      23
   20:   856    15     27      36
   15:   366    55     21      23
   10:    19    16      9       5
-------------------------------------
Total:  1764    86     87      92  Total Score = 1,153,118

Club: Arkansas DX Association

Comments:

A good run this year. 20 meter prop was not good at W5ZN on Saturday during the
day although 15 was really good. 10 meters was only open to SA. Late in the
afternoon 20 finally opened up with decent prop to EU and stayed open most of
the night until around 0800z. I struggled with RX on 40 due to QRN. Its tough
here in the south in middle of summer with heavy QRN and all of my RX antennas
are dismantled for the summer to allow for hay cutting in the fields and to also
protect the matching and electronic components from lightning damage. Should try
to roll out a BOG or something temporary for next year’s contest.

I entered in the Mixed category however 95% of my QSO's were CW. Just couldn't
get in a phone rhythm!

The station performed very well. Equipment used for this contest was:

Elecraft K4D & OM2500A at 1400 watts
JK MidTri @ 85ft 20/15/10 mtr
M2 KT36xa @ 110 ft 20/15/10 mtr
W6NL 2 Ele. 40 meter Moxon @ 115 ft 40mtr