[3830] IARU KK4R SOAB(A)Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kk4r.rob@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KK4R SOAB(A)Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 17:09:22 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: KK4R
Operator(s): KK4R
Station: KK4R

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: va
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:    1      0      1       1
   80:    0      0      0       0
   40:   10      0      6       4
   20:    0     52     15      22
   15:   71      3     18      26
   10:    5      0      2       3
-------------------------------------
Total:   89     55     42      56  Total Score = 40,572

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was just fooling around in this contest, using the opportunity to relax, work
some DX, and experiment.  We had house guest for the preceding week, and they
left after the contest started.  Since the visitors included my 4-year-old
grandson, there was a lot of clean up. My son-in-law helped me to put up a
temporary antenna for 10m that is farther from the houses to see if the RF noise
would be lower.  A couple of HVAC systems are trashing 10m and 15m with my usual
horizontal loop (loop skywire).  The result was good, although the temporary
antenna is not exciting, a diamond loop that is partly in a holly tree, due to
the hasty erection.  It would have been nice if we had worked out getting it
pointed at Europe.  In any case, I learned some things about my noise problem
and the diamond loop and a good time was had by all.