[3830] IARU KD9MS SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KD9MS SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 18:14:55 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 10:17

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:    8      0      3       3
   40:   38      9      6      15
   20:  138     30     20      27
   15:  110     47     21      33
   10:   16      4      9       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  310     90     59      81  Total Score = 153,160

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Great contest to break up the summer monotony and have some radio fun! I found
some maintenance issues, mostly with my antenna switcher and a bad piece of
coax, but I got it working when I found it. Just the technician in me I suppose.
I love working on stuff!

Worked BY like he was sitting in my back yard! I found that I could work lots of
EU by pointing to JA/BY in the late afternoon, that was cool! After all of the
FT8 to EU all summer, I only worked one LZ HQ on 10m and that was LATE in the
afternoon here.

The zones throw me off a bit, because I am used to CQ Zones, I told someone I
was in Zone 4 once, and he said "What? That can't be right!" I quickly
gave him the RIGHT zone (8) and started thinking that I hoped the he was the
only one. I got up and had some caffeine and went back to it.

Lots of fun, until our water went out, someone hit a fire hydrant in my town and
 after I realized I couldn't wash the Cheetos dust off my hands, I went to bed.

I met my goal of 400 QSO's and 150K and more importantly, I got to contest
again.

73, Craig KD9MS