[3830] IARU N3BB SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N3BB SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 18:50:28 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 6:48
OpMode: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:  236     0      15      10
   20:  403     0      23      21
   15:  214     0      20       6
   10:
-------------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Limited time, and it will be this way in the future as I am the caregiver for my
wife. Had some help Saturday afternoon but not able to get in as much time as
would have liked. Decided mainly to "Run" with CQing. Did very little
second radio to S&P as was not gonna be serious in terms of score. Probably
a little lazy as well.

The conditions seemed unsettled. I have not read much about what others thought
but the runs into EU and JA were for the most part extremely uneven with some
very loud stations just barreling though yet many if not most were modest with a
lower level totally 339 ESP quality and the usual few/some who were just too
weak to spend three minutes to try and dredge out a call. All in all, the JA
runs were disappointing compared with my memory of waves and waves of Asian
signals that went on for hours before sunrise here. Many stations were watery
with rapid ups and down of QSB. I did try the rotor for the old Telrex beast (3
element yagi at 120 feet) and lordy almighty it worked and I was able to put the
old boy on JA by the light of a flashlight at o-dark thirty when I got on about
5 AM.

Time on the air: 6 hours and 48 minutes per TR4W. (Nice little app for that!)

Again, almost no S&P so most all these answered my CQs at 35 WPM.

Ran my two K3s and two old Alpha 87A amps. Ran around 1.2 KW out on each
transmitter. All the gear worked perfectly.

Thanks for all the QSOs. Also, had quite a large number of CTDXCCers call in,
and tried to send a little "hello" over and above the "TU"
after each QSO.

The IARU is a very interesting contest in terms of international activity. Lots
of fun with the HQ stations and ITU zones.

73, Jim N3BB