[3830] IARU N4SS(@W5MX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N4SS(@W5MX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:18:37 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: N4SS
Operator(s): W5MX KJ4YLR W4ZXT AJ4A
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

  160:     0     0      0        0
   80:    10     0      9        2
   40:   103    56     17       14
   20:   504   210     33       39
   15:   364   125     37       39
   10:    72    34     16       15
-------------------------------------
Total:  1053   425    107      107  Total Score = 1,099,532

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

We put together a 4 person team for this one. A new operator at the station this
time, Jerod W4ZXT was welcomed. He prefers the late night shift and CW,
something we could really use for the 24/48 hour contests! Clayton Kj4ylr and
Terry Aj4a were also present which was great for our mixed mode, MS effort.
Conditions seemed great on the high/mid bands. We didn't spend much time on the
low bands which is obvious by looking at our score breakdown. Probably should
have spent a bit more time for mults, but with the alure of 20 booming all night
and even action on 15, it was hard to break away!
At the very end of the contest, the band really started to open up well into EU
on 15 and then 10. I ran on 10 cw the last 20 minutes or so with a great rate,
wish this had been a longer contest :-). I believe Sunday would have been HOT!
In any case, another great time down at the contest station.
Thanks to all for the Q's as usual!
Bryan W5MX and the N4SS team