[3830] IARU W0UA(@K0RF) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W0UA(@K0RF) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:55:44 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 22
OpMode: 2BSIQ

  160:    16    0       2       1
   80:    59    0      11       3
   40:   426    0      26      25
   20:   970    0      35      25
   15:   686    0      29      20
   10:   107    0      12       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  2256    0     115      77  Total Score = 1,576,704

Club:

Comments:

Summertime & the living is easy, so goes the old song.  But the LISTENING
isn't easy!  Well, that's what we get in July...and a little QRN ain't gonna'
stop this party--noise, schmoise--we're contest ops & we're up for the tough
ones!

This time our seasonal afternoon thunderstorm cell wasn't a direct hit at
Chuck's; it passed just to our south.  But, man, did that thing spew some
serious electricity!  Like the bands weren't already covered-up with propagated
static (80 & 160 were impenetrable wastelands here).  Get the guy's full
call first time?  Um, just get his full call, period--and that applied to 20
Meters where the band was otherwise nicely open to the DX corners into the wee
hours. Our short little summertime window to Asia on 40 produced some big
signals...but, I had to go to the Beverage on RX--first time I've had to do that
on 40 & it did work nicely.

It does seem that with each passing year, the signals get a bit weaker, the
noise a bit louder & my "sharpness" over time a bit diminished.
Translation:  I may be getting too old for this!  I did do a bit better with the
SIQ-thing, though--I don't recall logging anyone on the wrong computer.  That's
a first!

Had to do the traditional round of golf on Sunday, of course.  And, in keeping
with tradition, I played terribly but so happy that I'm still able to do
it--let's just say, though, that I won't be posting THAT score (which was just
slightly below the contest score, lol).

Operating from a great station like K0RF is a rare privilege--and one I never
take for granted.  Hope I did just well enough to earn further opportunities
when they may arise.  And I hope everyone had as much fun as I did just being
on, working our brethren & doing our personal best.

I will now return to nursing my radio/golf Monday hangover, thanks...

Geo