[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 20:18:35 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Jul 13

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  61
   20:  25
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  86  Mults = 84  Total Score = 7,224

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one wasn't a whole lot of fun. Thunderstorms showed up in the area right
about starting time, producing lots of nice loud crashes. Started S&P on 20
meters with the usual problem of being heard, only even worse. A short try at
running on 20 was completely futile, so at 25 minutes in I switched to 40. On 40
the good news is that I had much more luck being heard. The bad news is that the
static crashes were a lot louder. Got a reasonably good run going, but missed
several of the weaker callers due to the heavy QRN. Couldn't pull out even close
to 100 QSOs, but given overall conditions it was the best I could manage. Hope
next week's 1900Z session is quieter and more productive.

73...
Randy, W8FN