[3830] IARU K5TN(@W5KU) WRTC Practice HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5gn80@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K5TN(@W5KU) WRTC Practice HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 23:07:29 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: K5TN
Operator(s): K5GN N4YDU
Station: W5KU

Class: WRTC Practice HP
QTH: STEX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:     0      0     0        0
   80:   158      2    24       19
   40:   631    223    54       28
   20:   974    476    75       43
   15:   860    383    74       41
   10:   118     66    32       22
-------------------------------------
Total:  2741   1150   259      153  Total Score = 5,435,928

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Figures in the Zones column are DXCC entities worked per band.  Points per QSO
were assigned using WRTC rules (2 and 5).

We operated HP to increase the pressure on the operators for rate and
coordination.  Nate is a great partner!

Condx were superb.  One of our most fun QSOs was interrupting YB9VED in a local
QSO on 10m SSB for a surprise multiplier well after dark.  He was VERY excited
for his FIRST USA QSO.  The band was otherwise empty at that time.  We could
hear East Coast guys working Europeans on 10m in the morning, but nearly all
were inaudible, and the openings, such as they were, were brief.

Activity was fairly good.  We didn't make quite as many QSOs as we had hoped,
but enjoyed good rates at times. We made about 30% of our QSOs on SSB, with more
USA than DX on that mode, as expected.

Our host, W5KU, graciously allowed us to completely tear up the station to
reconfigure it for a multi-two.  Half the fun it seems is getting things set up,
testing, and solving problems.  Other than a problem with accidentally making
Radio 1 switch to Radio 2 from time to time in the logging software, everything
worked well.  The WRTC setup will be simpler, with the simple antennas, no amps,
etc.