[3830] NAQP RTTY WD6T(@W6YX) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WD6T(@W6YX) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:02:12 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Stanford, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   39    15
   40:  152    43
   20:  331    52
   15:  129    38
   10:
-------------------
Total:  651   148  Total Score = 96,348

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #2

Comments:

Always a treat to operate from the venerable Stanford station. Many thanks to
N7MH for his help.

I was planning to do this one in the Assisted category, but changed my plan
minutes before the contest, due to a proliferation of technical problems that
seemed correlated with clicking on packet spots, and I wanted to eliminate as
many variables as possible.

As it turned out, I enjoyed being unassisted, as I usually am part of M2s in
NAQPs.  Did quite a bit of S&P/Run, not just 2BSIQ, and I managed to use
call stacking to good effect.

The first hour was rocky, as I kept inexplicably losing TX audio on the right
radio, so I took an early break to look into it. After that, things went more
smoothly and I finally found my stride with in-band SO2R on 20, with rate
peaking above 200 a few times.

Conditions seemed lackluster and my score was down from the last time I operated
this contest from W6YX

I missed 10m, as every time I checked there were just a few signals who couldn't
hear me--a third radio watching 10m would have helped.

73
Dave
WD6T