[3830] CQWW VHF WA2VYA SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2vya@msn.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF WA2VYA SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 08:06:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2022

Call: WA2VYA
Operator(s): WA2VYA
Station: WA2VYA

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: CEDAR CREEK TX
Operating Time (hrs): 11.6

    6:  81     50
    2:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  81     50  Total Score = 4,050

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

ICOM IC-756PROIII, Tokyo HyPower HL-550FX amplifier set at 400 watts output;
Cushcraft A50-5S, 5 element yagi up 6m (20').  Have been off of 6m for a while
with antenna and equipment issues.  All of it is back up and running and worked
great this weekend.

Operated unassisted, CW 35 QSOs; SSB 46 QSOs. NO FT8: FT8 has ruined 6m.
Separate CW & SSB from FT modes for VHF Contests, please, so the bands are
used for non-FT contacts.  Either have separate contests, or separate
categories.

Saturday was really slow: 24 Qs, 18 Gs, 432 points in countless hours.  Saturday
was so bad, N1MM credited me with about twice as much OFF time as I took.  I was
on the radio for probably five more hours than N1MM recorded, calling CQ with no
takers, or S&P on an empty band.  N1MM treats not making any contacts as OFF
time.
Saturday highlights: working XE1AY, 6F6F and K3ZO.
Sunday afternoon was much better with a good opening to Rocky Mountain states
and Southern California with stations to work.  Best two hours of the contest
were on Sunday afternoon.
Thanks to all for the QSOs, especially the Rovers.  3 new grids on 6m from Texas
worked in this contest.

73 Frank WA2VYA