[3830] CQWW VHF VE3IQZ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3iqz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE3IQZ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 03:06:48 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2022

Call: VE3IQZ
Operator(s): VE3IQZ
Station: VE3IQZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: peterborough fn04
Operating Time (hrs): 12

    6:   3     3
    2:   1     1
-------------------
Total:   4     4  Total Score = 20

Club: peterborough amateur radio club

Comments:

I set up in a great (1200 high foot hill) location where I
could see for miles, unobstructed.
Started calling CQ on 6 and 2 at 1800z. The first contact, on
50.149 MHz, was 21 minutes into the contest.
My second and only station contacted on 144.200 MHz
at 1847z was a local and I was his first 2 metre contact.

Scanning the bands soon explained why the bands were empty, all
the activity was located  on the FT8  digital frequencies on 6 and 2.

After 2 hours  and only 4 stations in the log, I quit.

In my 40 years of VHF and UHF contesting,this is the worst
results, ever, for the effort put into any contest.

FT8 and digital has killed  SSB and CW  VHF activity.

SOAPBOX: Eliminate the digital computer modes and get back to REAL RADIO
and REAL people doing the work before we have our frequencies taken away by
                     commercial interests due to our lack of use.

 Amateur Radio Signal Searching Electronic Software, ARSSES,(FT8 and digital)
is
killing REAL VHF Amateur Radio.
Lets get contests back to REAL RADIO with REAL Radio operators, not a bunch of
mouse clickers and robots.