[3830] SS CW W8MK Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W8MK Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 12:22:43 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W8MK
Operator(s): W8MK
Station: W8MK

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 14:00

------------
  160:
   80:  147
   40:  141
   20:   63
   15:   48
   10:   20
------------

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Comments:

Less than a year since I've had the new vanity "contest call" W8MK and
wanted to get it in more logs and call history files since the former holder
wasn't a contester. Helped celebrate my mother's 84th birthday Sunday and cooked
dinner for the family so time was limited. Even with a low score, Sunday was a
chore, tuning up and down the band.

I've done well in the past in the QRP category and hoped that improved solar
conditions would help my signal on the higher bands. QRP is almost exclusively
S&P which I don't care for. I ran occasionally but had to stick to the band
edges and often had very short runs before my frequency was encroached on.
Despite not being in a CHF, I was very pleased to have few requests for fills.

Couldn't break the pileup for the one and only LAX station I heard. NT and VI
were serendipitous - I broke off unproductive CQ runs and tuned to adjacent
stations and found both NT and VI this way. Both were not busy. Missed others
like SC, EWA, BC, ONN, NL.

Lots of good CW operators out there. Thanks everyone for an entertaining day of
contesting.

Tom
W8MK