[3830] SS CW K1LT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@groups.io
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1LT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 12:45:56 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 12
OpMode: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  261
   40:  119
   20:  117
   15:   42
   10:   36
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I was planning to skip this contest to use the nice weather to
continue my deck rebuild project but afternoon sprinkles Saturday let
me come inside.  To maximize score for the club total, I operated
assisted.  While scanning DX Summit, I noticed that there were
DXpeditions to countries (J2 and P2) that I have confirmed on only one
band.  So contest time was divided 3 ways.  I now have J2 in the log
on 160.

The K3S is acting weird.  If I ask the radio to produce more than
about 40 watts on 10 meters, I get 0 watts, like something folds back
the output.  Anyone have a clue?

The ex-K8CC ETO91B is also acting flaky.  It seems to fault for no
apparent reason.  So I did not SO2R quite as much as I might have.

Otherwise it was nice to observe that all of the antenna feedlines
survived the horde of boots and ladders wrought by the roofing and
siding guys in the past couple of months.

Multiplier chasing was weird again.  I worked all of the traditional
difficult multipliers early while some seemingly very ordinary
multipliers were quite elusive.  In my case LAX was next to last and
WV was the last multiplier.

Sections:
     1: VI, PE, ONN, PR, SK, ME, WY, NNY
     2: AB, WTX, NT, MB, ND, UT, VT, LAX, WV
     3: EB, ID, AK, DE, MAR, AR, RI, MS, WCF, SDG, NV, SB, LA, SC, NL
     4: KS, MT, PAC, NE, OK, NH, SD, EWA, ENY
     5: NM, AL, QC, ONE, WMA, KY, ONS, NLI
     6: SF, BC, SJV, SNJ, IA, GTA, CT
     7: WPA, SFL
     8: ORG, MO, EMA, GA, NNJ
    10: CO, IN, NFL
    11: WNY
    12: SV, WWA
    13: OR, NTX, STX
    14: WI
    15: AZ, SCV
    16: MI
    18: EPA, TN
    19: NC
    20: MN
    22: OH
    23: IL, MDC
    25: VA

Lots of singletons!  Hope they all survive log checking.  Even though
LAX was hard to find, I found 2.  3 AK was a treat.

Equipment: Elecraft K3S/P3 and Alpha 8410; K3/P3 and ETO91B; tribander
at 100 feet, tribander at 60 feet, full sized verticals on 40 and 80.
Many 2-wire, center-fed Beverages.