[3830] SS CW KG5U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@att.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KG5U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 13:46:29 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:  144
   40:  214
   20:  151
   15:  135
   10:   80
------------

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Great fun.
It wasn't until 1715z that I worked the last two sections for a sweep. That was
the earliest I can think of of the few sweeps I've had. And, the fact that I
worked them one right after the other (AB, then EWA) was interesting. Should I
have run out an bought a lotto ticket?
Sleep, or lack of it, was giving me payback towards the 22nd hour. Besides
catching myself nodding off a couple of times, I also found myself during the
QSOs wondering what do the exchanges I'm sending and receiving really mean? Is
the other guy really copying the exchange I'm sending? What is he doing with it
after I've sent it? Have I really been sending all these exchanges since the 1st
QSO? Why is there air?
Otherwise, I had a great time and, in retrospect, I wish I had pressed on to do
the full 24. Next year, right?
73,
dale, kg5u

xcvr: K4D, 100w
ant: AV-640 (20-10), 40m Inv vee @ 70ft, 80m Inv vee at 70ft
sw: N1MM+
keyer: WKUSB & Kent iambic paddles & N1MM+