[3830] SS CW K1XM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1XM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 15:35:08 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1XM
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: K1XM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 23
OpMode: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  173
   40:  403
   20:  139
   15:  190
   10:   48
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I'm still getting over jet lag having returned from Israel (4X7R) a few days
ago.

I was setting up the station and everything was looking good until I tried to
turn the antenna from Europe to West.  It didn't go.  The problem is in the
indicator.  The controller is designed so that it will not turn unless the
indicator is working.  This has happened before and it was a problem with the
wiring in the rotator.  I climbed the tower and tried to fix it but was not
successful.  I was able to move the antennas to west-southwest.  I got off the
tower about 45 minutes before the start of the contest.

So I started the contest tired and jet lagged with no rotator.  My biggest
concerns were the AK and NT multipliers which would be off the side of the beam.
 10 was open so I called stations there.  I usually start by calling stations
since everything is new.  Within the first ten minutes I had KL7SB in the log.
This is going to be fun.

But by local midnight I was too tired to operate.  I had to sleep and I used up
most of my off time doing so.

By Sunday evening I dead tired again.  I stopped doing SO2R and just called CQ.
Fortunately enough people came back that I was able to stay mostly awake.

Despite the high band conditions my score is only about ten QSOs ahead of last
year's.