[3830] SS CW W1WEF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1wef@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1WEF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 15:44:11 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ct
Operating Time (hrs): 11

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This time I heeded my advice to me after last year's SS and set a goal of an
unassisted Sweep rather than knock myself out in a boring second day. I really
enjoyed it more and wish it was a ten hour contest! My plan was to run until I
was down to ten needed mults, and then S&P for the rest. A sweep was in the
log after the first 5.25 hours. I couldn't believe I found VY1AAA calling CQ
with no pileup, nor could I believe working two more VY1s. Last year EWA was my
last section but this year I must have six of them. My last one this year had me
wondering if all the hams moved out of LAX but a loud N6AA called in and
finished the sweep. After the Sweep and a good night's sleep, I decided to go
for 400Qs, then 500, then 600.With plenty of OFF times it was really fun, and I
might even buy a mug!  Thanks for the Qs.   JACK W1WEF