[3830] SS CW NH6O Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW NH6O Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 22:37:10 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Honolulu HI
Operating Time (hrs): 3:45

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   2
   20:  10
   15:   6
   10:  16
------------

Club:

Comments:

Park portable, 5W Elecraft KX3, 31-ft EFHW vertically suspended in tree.

Limited time casual entry - 2 sessions between 2330-0415 Saturday/Sunday, and
1830-2245 Sunday. Although that was over 9 hours in the park, I only worked SS
for 3:45 because my signal wasn't reaching North America for many of those
hours. I spent a lot of that time working Asia/Oceania on digital modes while
hoping for better conditions. I made well over 100 worldwide contacts on
FT8/WARC-band CW in the same amount time it took me to grind out 29 CW contacts
to the mainland (5 of my QSO's were locals in PAC section).

This was my best SS QRP score from Hawaii thanks to openings on 15/10, but
that's not saying much. I know I miss the optimal band/time - 40 meters at night
- because I lack the longer antenna and station setup because park operation at
night is illegal and/or dangerous.

Maybe by next year, I'll figure out either some way to access remote operating
capability or find some sort of permanent station location with decent antennas.
But if still QRP portable in Hawaii next year, I'll sadly probably skip this
event. SS, FD, and ARRL-DX are not good events for my limited station
capability.

73/72 and Aloha,
Bob NH6O in Honolulu