[3830] SS CW WB8REI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jpotteiger@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WB8REI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 22:50:28 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WB8REI
Operator(s): WB8REI
Station: WB8REI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:    0
   80:   31
   40:   35
   20:   52
   15:   11
   10:    5
------------

Club: SENECA RADIO CLUB

Comments:

Band conditions were great! First time in a long time contacts were distributed
somewhat evenly across most of the HF bands. We were spared the G1 geomagnetic
storm that had Saturday in the forecast. Lots of stations on, most of them were
LOUD and strong. Used N3FJP logging software, and couldn’t have done so good
without the nice spotting capability built in. Used an ICOM IC-718, inverted V
antennas for 80 thru 10 meters highest antenna was 35 feet on 20m. Had to really
hang in there on some of the pileups! LAX was tough due to so many stations and
only a couple of activators. NL, WV also tricky. I can’t believe I had to work
WV on 20 meters and I’m in Ohio. Seen ONN spotted 2 or three times but never
heard them. Had all 83 sections worked by noon Sunday. Just never heard ONN even
after calling CQ SS ONN for the next 10 hours. There is no doubt the Nov SS
contest are some of the most exciting 24 hours in Amateur Radio! Absolutely
GREAT time! 73’s Jeff