[3830] SS CW N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 21:24:49 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 12:36

------------
  160:
   80:  125
   40:  223
   20:  247
   15:   74
   10:   45
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The first 40 minutes went well, S&P'ing my way through 15M and getting many
ops on first call, ahead of many I worked. But, I ran out of new stations and
despite 10M being open well to the Rockies and beyond, the competition was was
tougher. My best hour was 91 Q's running mostly on 20M; skip was still pretty
short, able to work IL, FL, and all farther west. Once skip went fairly long on
40, I tried 80 with a nice pile up calling. Sunday AM started well for about 45
minutes running a pile on 40 CW, then crickets. Activity on any band at 15Z was
poor, it was a long day after that, but did pick up mid afternoon. I had worked
many tough sections early, but still only had 79 at 18Z. I found VY1CO loud on
10, worked first call. Then, I caught VY2TT on 20. I found VO1HP right as he
sent QRL? on 15. I was still missing my own section, WV and NNY. I found K8JQ
for WV on 7050, never heard a NNY station or anyone working one.

Conditions were considerably better on 20M and up compared to last year. All
sections were workable 20 direct or via backscatter with some scatter signals
over S9! 15 was open well ,but my antenna seems too high for working some
areas.

Thanks for the calls and QSO's. WV seemed rarer than usual; N4RA was not QRV
from WV. We need more active ops to make Sunday tolerable. I made 343 of my Q's
Sunday, but many stretches were very slow and tedious. I had enough by 0042Z.

73, Jeff