[3830] WAE RTTY KD9MS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY KD9MS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 01:56:54 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 26:30
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   88     0    64
   40:  237   180   132
   20:  206   370   112
   15:  150   489   122
   10:   77   245    82
-------------------------
Total:  758  1284   512  Total Score = 1,045,504

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Contest started off with my second radio that worked fine for the CQWW RTTY, NOT
working for most of the day. I finally had to change the port on the radio from
a virtual card serial port to a USB adapter port. THEN I had to set the RTTY in
the radio to reverse and use the EXTFSK64 to make it finally work. Then
everything worked okay. I finally got going and it was quite a ride.

Lots of stations on. It was noisy though. Frying in the atmosphere, probably
from the snow storm that finally hit us. First snow of the year here. 40 was my
best, although 80 wasn't bad considering my wire vertical needs to be replaced,
but still works great for what it is and the $50 I paid for it 10 years ago.

LOTS of QTC's were collected and sent. Thanks to everyone for my constant RX/TX
QTC at the end of my transmissions. Sunday morning was great until church time.
Saturday Afternoon I had to quit at 1800Z to go to an OUTDOOR wedding. Yes it
was snowing on us as we sat in chairs and I wanted to be in front of my radio.
But gotta keep KB9QXK (my wife) happy.

Best score ever in this contest. Had a DV call me while CQing and worked a JA on
10M and he sent me QTC's! I think its more fun going unassisted. There is
adventure in actually searching for the multipliers. I already ruined one VFO
knob on my old FT990 a few years ago and will probably work these to death, but
that's the fun of it for me. Hunting mults! I love it!

Hope everyone had a fun weekend. Can't wait until next year!

73, Craig KD9MS