[3830] JIDX SSB K3EST(@N6RO) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk3est@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX SSB K3EST(@N6RO) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 02:39:23 +0000
                    JIDX Contest, Phone - 2022

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST N6RO N6WM WD6T WX5S
Station: N6RO

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Remote Operation

  160:    2     2
   80:   12    11
   40:  346    44
   20:   37    22
   15:  297    42
   10:  188    42
-------------------
Total:  882   163  Total Score = 177,344

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It is always fun to enter this contest. It is part of the Asia-Pacific Challenge
program of the Northern California Contest Club. The conditions were good on
10-15  and 40 but poor on 80 and 160. 20 suffered from 15 and 10 being open for
6 hours Saturday thus not allowing action on 20. We worked hard to put as many
people in the log as possible. It seems that other contests active at the same
time drew JAs away....We worked worked all but #32 on the mainland and no JD.
We had fun and enjoyed the in shack QSOing.  Thanks to Ken ,N6RO for the use of
his station and Chili Sat nite.
Here are the comments of the ops:

160m: Ken, N6RO first night = 0 Qs second night 2 Qs Hooray!

80m First night Bob, K3EST Terrible conditions. I was there all night and logged
3 Qs!JE1SPY was heard for about 3 hours but no activity.

80m: Second night Ken, N6RO  conditions improved at the end of the contest and 9
more Qs were worked

40m: Matt, WX5S  At the start, the activity appeared to be on 15m to the
detriment of 40m.  I tried many times to send stations to 80m but with few
results. The 40m band was quiet, but signal strengths were less than usual which
made for difficult and tiring copy.  Very long fading was present and sometimes
required stations to say their call many times until there was a
"peak".  Activity was relatively low due to the other contests and
bands competing for attention.

20m: Dave, WD6T I enjoyed being in the shack. 20m had loud signals but many
fewer Qs than last year, despite extensive CQing and tuning for signals with
other VFO. The band was tough and very few signals were heard. Probably everyone
went to higher bands to enjoy the found active!

15m: Chris, N6WM 15 was ok, many sigs were marginal but plentiful.   first sigs
around 12:30pm local..  total opening around 6 hours.  local qrn caused some
issues with some of the weaker stations...  we need to hunt for the source of
that.  otherwise a standard 15m JIDX run.. had fun. thanks for qsos.

10m: Bob, K3EST and Dave, WD6T Ten was open for about 4 hours and the QSOs came
fast and furious. Some signals were a real 59+10. 10m has good activity. 10 was
open to all of JA and late in the opening it went long to SE Asia...a good sign
for the future

Some data
NUMBERS APPROXIMATE
JA1 = 290
JA2 = 127
JA3 = 117
JA4 = 49
JA5 = 18
JA6 = 80
JA7 = 70
JA8 = 49
JA9 = 38
JA0 = 38

OF THE 49 POSSIBLE PREFECTURES 46 WERE ON THE AIR.
PREFECTURE NUMBER AND NUMBER OF QSOs
SOME LARGE CITIES INDICATED
THE RARE PRECTURES WERE < 4 Qs = 2 (JA7), 23 (JA3), 29 (JA9), 32 (JA4, 37
(JA5), 41 (JA6)
JA8
1 = 49
JA7