[3830] SS SSB VE4GV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE4GV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 03:39:47 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 10:29

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  228
   20:  401
   15:  339
   10:    2
------------

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Another abbreviated SS effort. This time local sports teams (both of whom lost)
cut into my SS op time.
First it was Jets game Sat evening (they lost to Pittsburgh Penguins 3-0) and
then it was the Grey Cup game ( Our version of the Super Bowl) The local
Winnipeg Blue Bombers F%&*ing kicker(who I PREDICTED at the beginning of the
season would F^&k up in the playoffs), misses both a convert AND a FG at the
WORST possible time. )Aaaaarrrrrgh. We lose after a 15-3 season. WTF?

Game starts at 23:00 UTC Sunday Game ends ...when? at 02:58 UTC leaving me all
of 2 minutes to finish the contest.

I used to really enjoy SS Phone but now I am liking CW more as the decades
pass.

Missed ND and ONN due to crappy low band antennas, local noise and the effect of
teh evening games. Never heard NL and from the conversation on the band, I
wasn't the only one.

Pluses:
(1) TONS ( and mean TONS!) of Multiop stations on giving out M for Pr. Possibly
due to the easing of Covid restrictions and the need to commiserate in SS?
(2) A LOT of 20, 21 and 22 CK numbers. I was VERY happy to see this.
(3) More than a few YLs
(4) High bands starting perk up
(5) Remotes stations (like VY1AAA) show promise of routinely activating less
than "easy" sections with a bit of technology. Kudos to those who do
this !!

Now, i we could just get some propagation for the ARRL 10 M contest, I would
feel better.  Heading off to 6Y5 for ARRL DX CW in Feb '23. Look for me there.

Thanks for the Qs. Its always fun to hear familiar calls and give out teh VE4
mult.

73 Rob VE4GV