[3830] SS SSB NJ8M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NJ8M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:37:59 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: NJ8M
Operator(s): NJ8M W0OOA
Station: NJ8M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Topeka, KS
Operating Time (hrs): 21:40

------------
  160:    0
   80:  151
   40:  295
   20:  607
   15:   49
   10:    0
------------

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Knowing that I had a snowballs chanch in Hell in winning M/S catagory in Midwest
Division, I still entered to help a new contester get his feet wet at my little
pistole station. We had fun. He, by the end of the contest, was markedly
improved in handling pileups. He was able to cut off the non contest
verbalization and get down to business, meaning, no more "Please Copy"
garbage. Overall, there was as a general rule, was way way lest please copy
stuff by everyone. Brett, W0OOA, did a great job and operated 80% of the time.
You can;t learn to ride a bike by watching some one else, and he definately put
the time with BIC (Butt In Chair) and did an excellent job. Now, I need to get
him started on learning CW.

I had to trim the Inverted L a bit to get better coverage on 80 SSB. Now to add
back a pigtail to take it back down to CW range again.

Thanks for all the QSOs.

Radio: FTDX101
Antenna: JK Navissa 2 elements 20-6 at 38 feet, Dipole 40 at 35 feet, Inverted L
80 33 feet up and 33 feet horizontal. City lot in a hole with no view of horizon
even from the tower top.
Amp: Mercury III---Flawless function. The Greatest!
Tuner: NONE-all resonant antennas

73, Morgan NJ8M and Brett W0OOA