[3830] SS SSB K0EU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K0EU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 20:23:59 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   68
   40:  767
   20:  638
   15:  350
   10:
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I spent most of my time on 40 and 20 in this one. There were a few hours where I
was able to generate better rate on 15 meters than on 20, especially at the
start, but 20 seemed to be the better choice. It seemed odd, because there were
plenty of loud 6 and 7 landers on 15 along with good sigs from 1-2-3-4-8 land. I
couldn't get the same traction as on 20. And, although there were a few signals
on 10M from 1-2 land, I didn't work a single station there. It's amazing to see
how many 10 meter contacts some participants in other parts of the country were
able to make.

I thought 40 meters was a little punky and a good portion of callers were right
at the noise level. Add in a little QSB and QRM and it becomes very difficult to
complete a QSO. Apologies to the dozen or so stations for which I had to give up
and return to CQing.

There were a lot of newbies on for this one, and I was pleasantly surprised at
how well most of them were coping with the complexity of the exchange. Please
keep coming back. We need the new blood. Note to fuddy-duddies: a "please
copy" QSO still beats the alternative of no QSO.

I'm assuming K5TR and W7WA will post huge scores as always, so congrats to them.
FB job by Tim's crew at ND7K in the multi-op category. A big thank you goes the
operators that got on from the rare sections. I worked VY2TT and KP2M
back-to-back on 40M to complete the sweep at 0545Z, right before I took a 4-1/2
hour sleep break.

Nice showing, too, from the GMCC members who made sure you got your CO and WY
multiplier in the log.

73 Randy K0EU