[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:08:29 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Nov 23

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP20XW
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  37
   15:   6
   10:
------------
Total:  43  Mults = 40  Total Score = 1,720

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Improvising fast corrections on malfunctioning equipment is risky.
Last week I put series resistors in the PTT-line while trying to
make the LK-550Z linear work with a "soft" IC-736 PTT/send command
(leaky port, not a pure on/off). It seems I fused the input relay
contacts then. Now while arriving just 10 minutes before CWT while
replacing the IC-736 with a IC-7300, I noticed only 40 watts output
in bypass mode and no linear output at all when activated. So, I had
big trouble trying to reach G4PFZ. Finally I got going after 1210Z,
as soon as I bypassed the amplifier cabling completely. The tubes got
no drive at all. I will try to replace relays before the 1900Z session.

On 14 MHz it was nice to work some new calls and "portables" like
IT9/AC6ZM and later on 21 MHz FM/N6GQ. Just 6 minutes spent on 21,
and it sounded very tame. Mainly Southern States heard and Nordic
back-scatter: OH6NVC & SM2CEW.

The big Aurora predicted for last weekend did not appear at all.
Geomag is very quiet now, and X-rays at a very poor B4-level...

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops