[3830] CQWW CW W8FN SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8FN SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 22:55:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 14:45

  160:
   80:   77    10       39
   40:  132    12       47
   20:  154    24       64
   15:  146    17       56
   10:   41    11       30
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I ended up getting a lot more operating time than anticipated. The bands were
good, so it wasn't too hard to stay in the chair. It was nice to see some action
on 10, and I worked more DX than anticipated with my poor dipole. 15 meters was
good, especially on Sunday, and it was good to work a few true DX stations in
addition to the usual EU powerhouses. The 20 meter dipole seemed to work well,
and I even managed to crack a few piles in just a few calls. On the low bands,
there seems to be some problem with the NE-SW Beverage and it turned out not to
be useful. Nevertheless, I managed to hear and work quite a few DX stations. The
80 meter inverted vee seems to work surprisingly well on transmit. All in all, a
good time this year and I'm pleased with my results using nothing but dipoles on
the high bands. Next year I certainly hope to have the real antenna going on 40
through 10.

73...
Randy, W8FN