[3830] CQWW CW K1ESE(@W1IMD) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1ESE(@W1IMD) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 11:37:34 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1ESE
Operator(s): K1ESE
Station: W1IMD

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Remote Operation

  160:   59    13       40
   80:  186    17       70
   40:  683    30      107
   20:  498    34      112
   15:  388    25      101
   10:  255    24       86
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to W1IMD for the use of the station.

I made a full effort in this contest.  My BIC time was the biggest improvement.
The remote station worked well with few problems.  The conditions were good.  Of
course, there were lots of DX stations.

I mainly did S&P with a few runs.  By Sunday afternoon that had slowed down
and I found a clear frequency on 40m and ran there for a couple of hours.
Running by remote can be harder if the internet scrambles the audio from the
radio.  That only happened a few times.

The antenna system worked really well - a JK beam up 120', fixed SteppIRs at 80'
(EU) and 60' (SA), and a 160m/80m sloper off the top of the tower.  The radio, a
Flex 6300, does great.

My goal had been 2K contacts and 3M points.  I made both but had the multipliers
to get near 4m points.  Now I wish I had put in one more hour in the chair.

A lot was learned for next time.

73, John K1ESE