[3830] CQWW CW VE3CT(W1AJT) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ajt@atolda.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3CT(W1AJT) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 13:08:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VE3CT
Operator(s): W1AJT
Station: VE3CT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: FN04
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5
Remote Operation

  160:    3     2        2
   80:   54    13       49
   40:  228    22       79
   20:  396    35      105
   15:  661    28      111
   10:  232    27       94
------------------------------

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

REMOTE K3 / OptiBeam / 80m “V” / 160m “L”

First remote operation after my station was wiped out by lightning 17 months
ago.  It would have been a lot longer if not for the outstanding help from
Dragan – VE3FF and Nick – VE3EY who went way out of their way with technical
and physical assistance.  Also, like to thank Mike – VE3MW, Andy – VA3CW,
and Gerry – W1VE for convincing me to add a PC to the remote for trouble
shooting which I had to use all weekend.

Getting the remote working again was difficult.  I got back my remote unit late
Wednesday and it took a long time getting SW control working as almost none of
the old settings worked.  I was never able to get WinKey working and had to use
“DTR-CW” which was not optimal.  In seven or eight years doing remote, I
never had a problem with WinKey until Friday morning.  Also, I had a lot of
reboots and some power problems due to RF which I have to deal with when I get
back and the audio was always “muffled” since I had no time to tune the
remote connection.  On the positive side I was able to work some on 80m and 160m
so that RF problem has been mitigated so far.  I was still able to post my
highest remote score for this contest with a part-time effort just missing Zone
17, which is very unusual, for WAZ.  Less than a total of 3 hours between 0000
UTC and 1100 UTC the whole weekend which hurt 40m and 160m Q’s.

Great contest as always; hope all had fun.