[3830] CQWW CW ON3DI SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pietervandroogenbroeck@outlook.be
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ON3DI SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 16:48:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:  257    11       51
   40:  300    17       66
   20:  290    20       53
   15:  249    20       49
   10:  104    18       31
------------------------------
Total: 1200    86      250  Total Score = 719,712

Club:

Comments:

Hi all

I wasn't sure I would compete this one. Had some intense weeks before the
contest with some good and bad news. First I got a promotion but had some
interviews and to do's before I achieved the goal. Next year I will work at
Brussels. The bad news was that one of my employees died because of a
heartattack, was hard and unreal... Like often tired and to do all band or all
nighters, you have to be in a good shape. Had 3 options; going all the way, let
this contest pass me by or choosing a compromise. I went for the last thing. It
is the biggest contest and like to work DX. So the plan was all band with 25w
but sleep during the night.

I started the contest at 4 UTC on 80m, first 6 qso's were all USA with big guns
like W3LPL, K9RS, K1KI, ... Was curious if I could work USA/VE on this band like
last year, must say that was less the case but slept maybe to much. Went to 40m
and worked again USA, VE, CN3A, C6, PJ2T, ... It went well but had then the
feeling that the conditions weren't like last year.
Then I checked early 15m and 20m and did that again. On 15m I worked 4 JA in
then minutes time and that was new for me, normally I can be happy if I work
only one in a contest. It get even better; went to 20m, heard HQ9X and TF5AF and
worked them both in the same minute. They were ATNO's, always nice to work them.
 Also other JA on 20m, happy that I made the bandswitch. After a stop on 40m,
went again back to 15m and worke 3B9KW, yes another ATNO, 3 in a contest, you
must like CW. Knew the prefix but didn't know the exact location.
Was this the contest with some fun on 10m, I really hoped so I went to 10m, lat
year I had 19 qso's with no USA. Worked CN3A, CR3DX and even 3B8M. Last year I
just heard them, anyway worked them on 3 bands but they were weaker the nlast
year.
After that I worked Europe and was hoping that the conditions to USA and VE
would come alive on 10-15-20m and it did. Was surprised to work 6 USA in a row
on 10m. Had also some fun on 15m and 20m, working on my dxcc's and WAS.
At 15 UTC I went to 40m and extremely happy to work B7C. Feeling was getting
better when I worked also VU2CDP