[3830] CQWW CW A44A(@A47RS) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW A44A(@A47RS) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 18:18:01 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: A44A
Operator(s): A41CK A41JZ A45TT A45VU IK1HJS IK1QBT IK1YDB SV5DKL
Station: A47RS

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Muscat, Oman
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   483    13       58
   80:   857    25       88
   40:  2180    36      123
   20:  2000    38      120
   15:  2357    37      129
   10:  2365    33      116
-------------------------------

Club: ROARS

Comments:

The Royal Omani Amateur Radio Society entered this year's CQ WW CW Contest in
M/M Unlimited Category, assembling a multi-national team to participate from
their amazing and luxurious premises in Muscat, Oman, under the coordination of
A41CK, Khalid.
A45TT (San), IK1HJS (Carlo), IK1QBT (Tony), IK1YDB (Flavio), IK2PFL (Luca) and
SV5DKL (Stathis) travelled flew into Muscat to join forces with A41CK (Khalid),
A41JZ (Moheb) and A45VU (Prince) in erecting the 160m vertical antenna and
installing an EWE RX antenna array for TopBand.
Besides losing one TS-990S at the very beginning of the contest, Murphy did not
pay another visit for its duration, allowing us to focus on runs and working
mults when needed.
Propagation was better on Saturday from this part of the world and for those
that are not familiar with how low bands sound from the Middle East, I can only
comment that if it weren't for the RX antennas available, we wouldn't have made
this number of QSOs on 160 & 80 meters.
40 was great especially during nights and the three higher HF bands rocked for
the most part of the day, with 10 meters staying marginally open till late
Sunday evening.
We enjoyed many speedy runs with EU, NA and AS and once again, we have to note
the exemplary discipline of JA operators, who made our rates go sky high.
We are certainly very happy with our final score which exceeded all our initial
targets, and we are very satisfied by the performance of the station, although
not equipped with very tall towers or monobander stacks.

Our equipment:

4x Kenwood TS-990S & 1x Icom IC-7300
2x ACOM 2000As and 2x SPE-1.5Ks
160m vertical w/ capacitance hat
80m λ/4 vertical
40m Optibeam OB4020
20m Optibeam OB4020 & Optibeam big tribander
15m Optibeam big tribander
10m Optibeam big tribander
K9AY RX Antenna Array
EWE RX Antenna Array
Filters, Quadplexers, Antenna Switches, Band Decoders, etc.
A lot of contest adrenaline!

A big thank you to all callers and we hope to have again the pleasure to operate
from A47RS in the future to break another record.
Hats off to ROARS officials and A41CK, Khalid, specifically, for their unique
hospitality, their passion and great organization of this contesting event.

On behalf of A44A Team,

73 de Stathis, SV5DKL