[3830] CQWW CW W7CXX(WA7LNW) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa7lnw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7CXX(WA7LNW) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 04:12:36 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W7CXX
Operator(s): WA7LNW
Station: W7CXX

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:   24    12       15
   40:  136    27       53
   20:  165    27       66
   15:  296    27       85
   10:  278    28       79
------------------------------
Total:  899   121      298  Total Score = 1,010,628

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Better my score from last year.  Credit goes to improved band conditions,
excluding of course solar activity on Friday and Saturday. Fascinated by ALL the
warbling CW signals on 20 meters.  20 meters seemed noisy all weekend.  10 and
15 meters were top producers for me.

Unfortunately,the WA7LNW CW Skimmer system suddenly lost power or internet
connectivity moments prior to the contest. Crazy timing!  Looking forward to
discovering the issue.  Would have enjoyed watching the skimmer in action during
this major worldwide CW contest.

We are still relying on a temporary KIO HEX beam @ 20ft (fixed at 32 degrees NE)
and a HF-2V vertical for 40/80 until we can raise the 72 ft crank up tower.

Spent my summer rebuilding the W7CXX remote station following a surprise May 5
lighting storm.  It took out our KPA-500, rotor controller, desktop computer and
IP power controller.  Same storm damaged the WA7LNW CW Skimmer system, damaging
the BOG antenna direction controller, desktop computer, Clifton pre-amp, RSPdx
BOG receiver and 16 position antenna relay.

>From Ned, AA7A's report, it sounds like he and Lee, KY7M experienced similar
damage at their NA7TB site.  HF remote stations are a ton of fun and rewarding
but only when everything is working. :-)

73 Jack, WA7LNW