[AMPS] Sum Newz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Sum Newz
From: ni6t@scruznet.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 04:52:20 -1000
Lee Buller wrote:

> At 07:14 PM 3/4/97 PST, you wrote:
> >Hello ampers,
> >
> >I've just received a copy of a FAX that was sent to George Badger of
> >Svetlana from an Australian company that announced their new 1.5kW
> >amplifier using the 4CX1600B. In an attached ad, the prices are for the
> DX-1600A and the 1600V are $4450 and $5250 (Australian) respecitively.  They
> claim >everything is built with top quality, conservative components, and I
> see
> >five LED bars for metering in the photo of their front panel.
> >
> >On the same subject, Ten-Tech has resumed production of their Titan 425
> >and are taking orders for delivery this month for $3775 and I am not
> >exactly sure of this price but it is close.....give or take a few, hi!
> >
> >It's just sort of interesting to see where commercialy made amplifiers
> >are going.
> >
> >73,
> >
> >Marv, W6FR
>
> Marv and the group....
>
> Where are they going?  To damn expensive.  Maybe we need to put together a
> listing of where people can find parts to roll their own.  Also, where
> people can find expertise to help them roll their own.
>
> Lee
> k0wa@southwind.net

I just signed on with this Reflector thinking this would be that place.
It's not?

Note that Marv said AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS. Multiply by 0.7.

Another guy asked if anyone has done anything with the 4CX1600B. Marv
did--see Communications Quarterly. No, I am not going to send out
copies.

I have a 4CX1600B and am accumulating parts and info--almost there.
Power supply is built and currently running a Swan MkII converted to 160
meters.

Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Editor, "The DXer," newsletter of the NCDXC
Visit the Northern California DX Club 50th Anniversary page:
http://www.aa6g.org/ncdxc50.html