km1h: Re: [AMPS] Sum Newz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: km1h: Re: [AMPS] Sum Newz
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 14:50:28 EST
From: km1h
To: k0wa@southwind.net
Subject: Re: [AMPS] Sum Newz
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:44:42 PST

On Wed, 05 Mar 1997 08:40:05 -0600 Lee Buller <k0wa@southwind.net>
writes:

>Where are they going?  To damn expensive.  Maybe we need to put
>together a
>listing of where people can find parts to roll their own.  Also, where
>people can find expertise to help them roll their own.
>
>Lee
>k0wa@southwind.net

I have been trying for several years to put together a line of KW amp
kits. I can handle the RF/PS end but have zero sheet metal ability or
many of the other disciplines required just to get to the prototype /
pre-production stage. It is way too much for one person anyway.
 .

If anyone is seriously interested in helping accomplish something, let me
know. Up to now its been  "gee whiz, it sounds great, but I cant get
involved right now because............"

73.....Carl  KM1H  Radiokit   ex-National Radio; Sanders; Wang   Svc Mgr,
R&D, etc.