[AMPS] How about this?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] How about this?
From: QROKING@aol.com (QROKING@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 01:53:01 -0500 (EST)
How about this?  The question came up before about reflected power being
dissapated as HEAT someplace.  At the tube plate? in the tuner? OK so what,
the question is...Is in fact the reflected power going into heat somewhere?
 Ok lets take a full sized half-wave dipole cut specificly for a freq.  What
kind of power can we pump into that dipole? Quite a bit right?  assuming RG-8
 coax and # 14 wire for the dipole about 5 kw 30% duty cycle?  Good guess I
think.  Ok lets take the same scenario and lets say we are using a trap
dipole now,  All of a sudden we now have a power limitation put on the
antenna.  Why?  Because of the traps?  I think so! its the only variable we
changed.  So why the limitation?  What is going to happen to the traps if we
use to much power?  Will they BURN UP?  If so, then they do in fact dissapate
heat or is there another reason why its limited?  I still say you cant beat
an antenna that is resonant at the freq. being used!