[AMPS] SB220 antenna relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB220 antenna relay
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 20:35:03 EST
There is a "slight" flaw in the approach mentioned below. First of all
the SB220 relay runs at 125VDC. It is also a 3 pole device, one switches
the exciter , the other the output and the third controls the bias
circuit. Not very easy to do with even 2 Dow Keys AND very carefull
adjustment of the aux contacts even if you could find ones with a 125VDC
coil.

A reasonably close replacement relay is available thru the Newark catalog
and others. An alternative, if the coil is OK, is to use one good set of
contacts (they cant all be bad??) to control another relay with a 12VDC
coil for instance. (12VDC 3PDT relays are pretty cheap surplus). The
12VDC can be obtained from the 5V filament xfmr, a halfwave tripler and a
3 terminal regulator...cheap and simple.

If the SB220 coil is bad it is still fairly simple to wire in 12VDC
relays and keep all functionallity. Please E-Mail me direct for details
so as to not bog down the group.

73....Carl   KM1H