[AMPS] voltage sag

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] voltage sag
From: sm3lbn@swipnet.se (Hakan Ericsson)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 10:37:32 -0800
Hi all.
QROKING wrote:

<The 4300 volts after the rectifier is 1.414 of the 3000, but that
<is the peak of the 3000, and the peak will not offer any effectiveness
<to the
<"heating effect" so a voltage drop should be expected near that 3000
vac
<value.  Also, since SSB has become popular  nobody uses choke input
<filters
<any more.  Now as I recall you dont get that rise in voltage with a
<choke
<input filter.  So maybe I should count my lucky stars I have a few
<hundred
<more than the effective 3000.  So what say anybody?.....73 LOU

I have exactly the same experience as LUO, I have no succses of the
filter Cap's holding up the 1.414. My sag is very near 1.414 becomes 1:1
I belive the solution is to use a choke to drop the peak volt at no
load,
so it then will be possible to raise the secondary voltage from Xformer
without risking to hit the anod voltage limit of the tube in question.
Sure know Henry 4k Ultra use a choke and seems to be a smart way to go.
Now the question: How can I use a choke if I have a voltage doubbler??

Can I put the choke in the B- side of a voltage doubbler ??

73's Hakan