[AMPS] Suggestion for tube for HB amp?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Suggestion for tube for HB amp?
From: W4iU@aol.com (W4iU@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 00:05:03 -0500 (EST)
I have been enjoying the spirited discussion on this new reflector, and
since we have numerous people I consider far more knowledgeable than I
in tube RF design I have a question to pose.  I'll be glad to summarize the

I have been agonizing for about 2 years now on the best choice of a tube/
tubes for a homebrew amp.  I had collected the parts years ago for a
4-1000, but sold them and have kicked myself too many times to count.
What I want is a stable, 160-10m coverage, RF deck that is capable of
1.5 KW output on CW/SSB (RTTY n/a in this lifetime, I'm afraid) for 48
hours of CQWW.  Oh, and affordable...I tend to look at 'bang for the buck',
or 'watts per dollar'.  Drive power would be a nominal 100 watts.

Advice, comments, suggestions, etc, will be appreciated.  Please reply
directly to me, not the reflector.

TNX.  73, Tom W4iU
W4iU@AOL.COM