[AMPS] al-1200

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] al-1200
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 97 16:57:35 -0800

The person who designs MFJ-Ameritron amplifiers sincerely believes that
he (alone) can neutralize a single-ended g-g amplifier.  (see Eimac's
*Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes*)
>What is the difference, anyone no why?  I did inquire about the difference,
>and MFJ sent me a new choke assembly, and told me to cut down my present 3"
>metal strip to about 1 inch after the new assebly was in...
 I know a fellow who owns two AL-1200s.   One is old, the other is
"neutralized".  The old one was more stable than the new improved
version--until the owner installed an  unapproved VHF
parasitic-suppressor, which happily licked the problem.  .

R. L. Measures,ag6k,805-386-3734