[AMPS] Re: your mail

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: your mail
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 13:10:36 GMT
On Sat, 19 Apr 97 01:54:40 -0800, Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
wrote:

>Amateur Radio is not that big a deal, Bill.  It's just a hobby.
>Semi-arbitrary rules about a hobby/pastime, made by bureaucrats are
>hardly the basis of civilization itself.
>Rich---

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sorry Rich, but I have to disagree.  Our lives are filled with
customs, conventions, traditions, rules and regulations - whatever you
want to call them.  They are the glue that holds us together and no
wise person would just trash them for no reason.  And you're right
about Amateur Radio being just a hobby.  We are disposable and if the
FCC and/or Congress did away with us entirely, a lot of their
headaches would go away.  Let's not hand them the ammunition to shoot
us with.

73, Bill W7TI
wrt@eskimo.com