[AMPS] Ameritron Al-811H

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ameritron Al-811H
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Fri, 9 May 97 10:16:47 -0700

Why?
>Filament breakage is due to mechanical shock or weak mechanical
>points in the filament.
The 811As in question were manufactured in China.  The allegedly weak
filaments survived shipping to the U.S. The 811As were being operated in
the amplifier, sitting on a table, producing normal RF output when there
was a noise.  The filament glow extinguished.  No gas was subsequently
detected in the envelopes of the blown tubes.  If failure was due to a
mechanically weak filament,  does it seem likely that more than one tube
would fail at a time?
...snip...
>73 Tom
Rich---