[AMPS] CB tube amps to 6M ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CB tube amps to 6M ?
From: andrew@gi0nwg.demon.co.uk (Andrew Williamson)
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:19:21 +0100
Ooops, I had problems with my E-mail so I probably missed any responses
to the query below.  If anyone replied, please send a copy to me
directly.

Original query.....

Has anyone converted a tube-type 'CB' amplifier to work on the 6M band.
At the moment I am using a transverter which gives about 15W max output
and I'm looking for something that will raise this to around 100W
cheaply.

I would be particulary interested in any mods for the following amps as
they only require about 10W drive and are readily obtainable here in
Europe - Zetagi BV131, Bremi BRL200 or BRL210.  These give around 150W
on 10/11M so I'm assuming 100W should be possible on 6M.  Also, this
would remove an illegal amplifier from the CB marketplace which is an
added bonus of doing this conversion.

End of original query.

OTOH, if anyone has construction details of a simple homebrew amp I
would consider building from scratch.  Please note, 'simple' is the key
word here as I've never built an amp before but would like to try.

Thanks for any help.

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI