[AMPS] Re: diodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: diodes
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:12:37 +0000
Hi Bill,

> i have a amp that i built,it is a 3cx3000 for no reason
that i know of,
> just setting still running, it has blowed the diodes twice in the power
> supply
> lately and the amp is 3 years old. anybody have any suggestions i would
> appreciate the help. bill brown--k5py

Any answer would be a wild guess unless we knew more about the
supply. A better description would help.

How many diodes do you use and what type are they?  What is
the supply output voltage? What type of supply (bridge, doubler,
choke input)?  What type of transformer? Anything connected across
each diode? What type and voltage of filter capacitor? How often do
they blow? Any fault protection?

73, Tom W8JI