[AMPS] Diode Blocks

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Diode Blocks
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 01:48:48 +0800
hi again,

> We hooked it up to our trusty underground cable testing machine and
> proceeded to cook it for almost 60 hours at 8kV (AC), 4 amps.  They got
> warm
> (ok, HOT, 75 deg. C) but didn't fail.

but that doesn't preclude their having been made in taiwan.  do
k2aw's blocks work?  there have been zero complaints registered.  are
they more expensive than something else?  yes.  they're also *less*
expensive than some other thing.  do they work?  yes!!

this all reminds me of the story about the number of teeth in a
horse's mouth.  the monks couldn't find it in the scriptures, so the
church declared that it was a secret known only to God.  an upstart
monk Roger (or was it Francis?... never can keep 'em straight!) Bacon
suggested that they "get it from the horse's mouth."  he became
unpopular with the church hierarchy for that.

are they made in taiwan (or singapore, or mexico, or...)?  somebody
go to the horse's mouth, and tell us what is found.  then we can have
a long thread about whom to believe.  until then, i'm holding out for
k2aw's diode blocks being made in honduras.

do they work?  seems so.

73 k6gt